Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Fellowship of the Flowers week 16

Week 16 already!

This week's flower and last week's flower will be the only two used in our September project (which will be here before we know it).


I have been enjoying watching Mama and Papa bird build a nest in the berry bush in front of my office window.


I decided to take a few pieces of thread and some bits of yarn and lay them on surrounding bushes in the hopes that the birds will pick them up and use them for their nests.


These flowers are so much fun to make. Each one really is a perfect little take along project.


Once "pollen season" is finished here, I plan on sitting on the back porch and stitching some new projects. I can't wait to show you what they are.

 If you are new to our blog and would like to join us, simply click the Fellowship of the Flowers tab at the top of the blog for more information.

Until then, I hope you are continuing to work on your flowers.

See ya back here on Friday.

xx,
Michelle and the Bunnies

14 comments:

Donna Nowicki French said...

Hey Shell, I have also heard that the birds also like to use hair in their nests. Love your flowers. Hope to see you soon. Love, Donna

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

How on earth can you be almost half done with your fabulous flower project? Looking beautiful Girfriend!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Darling Shell! You too have a little feathered couple you are watching? I have Mr. and Mrs. Chickadee who are setting up housekeeping in my birdhouse! He says,"That won't fit" and she says, "I'll make it fit! COME ON, help me shove it in this little hole!" She won, of course!

Bring on the flowers, my friend. Lovely patterns as always, and your enthusiasm never stops. Much love to you! Anita

Rosieq said...

Oh, please, no thread or yarn for the precious birds to get tangled around their toes or beaks, please.

Lana said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Heather said...

Love this new collection or flowers. How nice to be able to stitch outside soon!

Kris said...

I LOVE this flower!!

kc said...

We put out alpaca fur - just kind of lay it on the evergreens & it'll get picked up. We've even put out the fur we get out of the pup's brush...it always goes into the sparrows' nests. And dryer lint works well too - put it into a suet feeder and hang it in the bushes or from a shepherd's hook. Birdies will find it!

LOVE this flower - it's soooo pretty & delicate!

RG said...

Folk Art Fusion Bird Nests - now on Amazon. Get them while they last!

Little Miss Titch said...

Love your Flowers,I finished my project I have nice hand sewn Drapes for my back Bedroom,xx Rachel

Beth in NEPA said...

Another beautiful flower.
Each one you do seems prettier than the last one.
I finally finished up the flowers from the March project and made my pillows to go on my bed. I am so enjoying this Fellowship. Looking forward now to the next project. I do each project at the end of the month so I can do them in appropriate colors for my house. Happy that I have finished Jan. Feb and March now.

Createology said...

Lovely Flower in subdued gorgeous colors. Week 16...Hurry Hurry I'm Late...very late. Creative Flower Bliss...

Erica said...

I LOVE this flower!! I am so far behind!

Caroljp said...

Beautiful fabrics and designs!
Congrats!!

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...