Monday, March 31, 2014

A most delightful time

Hi ya!


This past Saturday I, the crazy bunny lady, had the honor and privilege of having a Folk Art Fusion play date with my local guild members/friends.

I love that they all like to have fun and wore their bunny ears!


My playmates learned to make my "Spot of Peppermint Tea" quilt from my book, Fabled Fusions.

We had lots of fun and I think they all enjoyed learning something new as we had our adventure down the rabbit hole.

 It was a most delightful day for me as I truly love teaching and sharing this technique with others.
It brings me so much joy.

The week prior to our play date, was our monthly guild meeting. Here is the show and tell from that night.

This sweet lady, Anna Newman, was visiting one of our members. She lives in Canada and knitted this fabulous sweater! If it was just a little bigger, I would have bought it from her on the spot! I wish I knew how to knit. Maybe one day I will learn. 


Marly shared this table topper. She will be going back to Minnesota soon. I wish she could stay year round. She is just so much fun and I have enjoyed getting to know her this year.


She made this adorable little owl. Doesn't it look like she's saying "The owl says 'Hoot!" Hee,hee,hee. Ok, maybe it's just me. ;)


She also shared this piece, which will hang in the local library as part of the nursery rhyme art quilt challenge. So cute!

 Holly, Marly's DIL is a retired Marine. She has a craft shop on base and she shared some pieces she made for her shop.  Holly is full of positive energy, joy and is sooooooooooooo much fun to be around!
Isn't this a cute idea to hang little quilts? She puts a yo yo onto a curtain clip. Cool!


Linda shared this lady bug quilt which is in the works. I can't remember what she said that was so funny, but obviously, Sandy and Ellie had a good laugh! :)
 Linda is the queen of cool bags! I loved this one.

It carries your iron and then unfolds to be an ironing board at a play date! How cool is that!!!


She also shared this little bag, which I loved. I might have her make me one as I have zipper phobia.


Last, Linda shared this quilt top she finished. I love the green and blue together and think the red really made the whole thing pop.

 Sandy shared this scappy quilt she made for her daughter. Her daughter loves scrappy quilts.

 I think this one is wonderful. It makes me want to take it for a nap on my back porch! :)


Barbara shared this little table scarf.

Someone said it could be used as a ceremonial scarf, so Barbara played along. FUNNY!


Our fearless President, Vicki, shared a new purse she made. The morning after our last meeting she had heart surgery! She is doing great and looks great. We are all so happy she is ok and doing well.

 Vicki also shared this adorable critter quilt top. She is a long arm quilter and will quilt it when she has healed from the surgery.

Lori shared a quilt for the Children's Center,

 a cute table topper and

this totally awesome latte quilt! Love all those batiks!


Lori also made a piece for the nursery rhyme challenge at the library. Great job Lori!

 Finally, she shared this sweet cat quilt. I love all the green!


Pam shared her quilt for the nursery rhyme challenge. It's hard to see from my photo, but used some wonderful glittery threads to stitch this. I love it!



Here Kathie is saying, "See Hansel and Gretel right here?"


"They are hiding in the woods!" Kathie is a total riot. This woman makes me laugh at every single meeting. She is so much fun!


Carolyn (is this Carolyn? I'm second guessing myself at the moment. If this isn't Carolyn, somebunny tell me who this is) shared her nursery rhyme quilt. I love it!

She also shared her coffee quilt. The colors are wonderful!

 Our super fun VP, Gerri, shared her nursery rhyme quilt. It's says, "Peter, Peter, Pumpkin eater had a wife and ...."  Oh my, what did Peter do with his wife? hee,hee,hee. Great job Gerri! This is fun!

Finally in our show and tell, Betty shared her nursery rhyme piece. She was working on the binding at the meeting. Like us all, we work up until the last minute when we are having so much fun!

Hugs and see you back here Wednesday!

xx,
Michelle and the Bunnies

15 comments:

Kris said...

What a fun play date with your guild and I love all the great quilts made by your guild members!! Hey, come on out to Utah, and I'll teach you to knit - I've been practicing for 61 years!! ♥

Jeanette said...

Looks like lots of fun at your play date. Lovely show & tell. Hugs, xx

Vroomans' Quilts said...

OMG - love all the bunny ears!! What a lot of great eye candy - super group.

Anonymous said...

You have done a good gathering. All are having different ideas and they have very well used it.
Seems that all are enjoying the day. Each of them had made different quilts. All looks very good!.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Humanity is awesome. We are built to tell stories, to work with our hands, to celebrate the world around us. AND.....to gather and HAVE FUN! I LOVE YOUR BUNNY EARS, your polka dot apron, your black ensemble....YOU.

LOVE IT ALL!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OH! We had a warm day yesterday so we went out to prune our little trees. Who did we see pop out of the snow? NATASHA! She looked rather ragged, her ears chewed up, but she was in full force, eating the newly exposed grass. We put out a carrot and she munched to her little heart's content. Spring is here.

Lesley said...

Looks like a wonderful play date. Your bunny ears appear to be addictive! Thanks for sharing those wonderful quilted treasures...a very talented group of gals!

jennifer768 said...

Wow! So many beautiful projects that I can not even begin to pick a favorite.Thanks so much for sharing.Be blessed,Jen

RG said...

Clearly not a N. C. Guy thing! But they sure miss out on a lot of fun and crazy ear-wearing!

I bet Barack Obama quilts! (or knits?) I went to a meeting a couple of weeks ago in the evening - there was a guy sitting along the edge knitting!

Christine M said...

Great show and tell Michelle. I bet it's a lot of fun in one of your classes. Who knows. Maybe one day I'll get to join you!

jerilanders said...

What a wonderful group of women! I love it, each lady with her own unique and lovely creation. DID I hear about a Birthday?! Happy Hoppy Bday to you dear-heart! I knew you would like my bunnies, I am on a bunny run and loving it. I hope to have at least a dozen to take to the COuntry Living Fair in June. I will post them when all are finished.

Createology said...

These photos show just how wonderful all the ladies are in your group and how generous they are to make quilts for the library. I love seeing what clever and beautiful treasures they make. Creative Bliss...

Carrie P. said...

fun! that is so neat that the ladies wore rabbit ears.

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...