Friday, December 6, 2013

Hoppy Friday!

Happiness is, in no particular order...
 

Rainbows against dark skies. Knowing there is always something beautiful in everything if we just take time to look. Top left corner you can see the second rainbow. This is when we were in St. Augustine, Florida last Friday.



Polka dot bunny quilts made by the most wonderful friends. This hangs in Bunnyville. It is a gift from my dear friend, Marlene of Stitchin by the Lake.


Being the oldest of three siblings and yet the smallest. I think I really must be a hobbit. hee,hee,hee.

The endless possibilities of fun, creativity and magic that can come from a pile of wool scraps.

Having the most incredible nieces and nephews.

Being an auntie and uncle to those kiddos who think you're cool because you're dorky.


Seeing my brother so happy, the happiest ever, because of the love from Catherine, Matthew and Taylor.

Adoring my sister, not just for being my sister, but because she is an incredible mother, woman and someone I admire.


Laughing so hard that you snort really loud and make others laugh harder!


Bunnies who are so adorable you overlook the fact they chewed your sewing table and won't own up to it.

Having an aunt and uncle who are also some of your bestest friends.


Original pieces of folk art to treasure. Doesn't he remind you of a sword swallower at the circus? ;)


Having a 13 year old niece named after you and realizing she can now wear your clothes. Of course that also means I'm 45 and the size of a 13 year old. Again...I must really be a hobbit.


And finally, cheese balls shaped like snowmen. Let the festivities begin!

So, what made you happy this week?

xx,
Michelle and the Bunnies

23 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Yes, you are a Hobbit, but a sweetie, too. Ah, another snorter - I snort - snorters unite!! Gosh those kids have grown up so.

Little Miss Titch said...

Hehehe I think we all snort from time to time,gosh you are tiny,but they do say all the best things come in small packages,and you are the Best,hoppy Friday Michelle,xx Rachel and Speedy

Jeanette said...

Ahh my favourite hobbit. :). Beautiful family Shell. Love your post, brought more smiles to my face on this most joyous day. Hugs, xx.

Fiona said...

what a lovely post... and I love hobbits!
Hugz

Chris said...

What a wonderful time! So much to be thankful for!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

My goodness that was fun! Michelle, you are gorgeous, your family is super, and of course, Harrington and Miz Hannah B. can get away with anything; anyone that cute has a free ride in life!!!!!!

What makes me happy? Just breathing.

Have a FANTASTIC FRIDAY MY FRIEND! Anita

Christine M said...

Great photos Shell. I'm the eldest with two brothers who tower over me so I know how you feel!

Starr White said...

Such a beautiful, happy family. and your namesake niece looks a lot like you!

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

What's making me happy? We are spending a week with daughter. SIL, and grandson in Orlando. Missing all the cold , ice, and snow in Missouri.

Tomorrow we will celebrate Connor's first B Day!

That Marlene is a doll. I have hand made goodies from her too! Her sister lives in my town so we've had coffee together too!

Peace

Loris said...

Such sweet moments!
What made me happy this week was several wonderful co-worker/friends that hugged me and just surrounded me with love.

Sparklyjools said...

What a great family! And great photos! Thanks for sharing your happies.

Love from the British hobbit.
(Snort, snort) xxx

almtsbb said...

Happiness is the first snow of the season. Just enough to make everything beautiful but not bring the city to a stand still. Also finding all my tried and true cookie recipes and choosing some new ones to try. Starting Christmas baking this weekend.I have a German gingerbread cookie that needs to age 2-4 weeks before eating.

Createology said...

Your post showing your wonderful family and all the fun you are having makes me happy. Being warm makes me happy. We are having an artic blast of freezing temperatures and snow is expected tonight. Happy Hoppy Friday Bunnyville...

RG said...

I was doing really good until you got to the part about the cheese balls. We are going to a nice party tomorrow night and they better have more than cheese balls! Even if it is just smokey links on toothpicks ...

Deb said...

Shell, great post and what a wonderful family! Let's see, reading your lovely blog makes me happy, snuggling up with my puppies makes me happy and following wild bunny prints through the snow makes my day! Deb

Tina said...

Great post! I'm smiling from ear to ear!! And what wonderful Blessings you have in your life!!

Tina said...

Great post! I'm smiling from ear to ear!! And what wonderful Blessings you have in your life!!

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
StitchinByTheLake said...

Shell what a wonderful post - made me tearful because I love my two brothers and my sister just like you do. We don't often tell others how much we love them and we should! I've always wished I were a tiny thing but alas, God gifted me with more. More of everything. :) blessings, marlene

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

PRECIOUS MICHELLE! Good evening my dear sister in bunny fun!

I so wish we could be close to go out and enjoy nature together. I am longing to see the furry creatures up close, and yesterday as I was driving home from the grocers, I saw REINDEER! There was a petting zoo out in one of the neighborhoods!

I hope you have a productive but also restful week my dear. Hugs to the employees of bunnyville! Anita

Jindi's Cottage said...

Hobbits are cool...at one of my work sites I call the small access door next to the large roller factory/shed door the hobbit door...maybe I should call it the Shell door!...

Kris said...

What a fun, fun post!! I am so happy you are so happy!! Looks like you have an absolutely wonderful family!! And, yes, I would agree - you must be a little hobbit!! :-))

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

You are the cutest little Hobbit!! Great photos of you and the family!

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...