Monday, May 27, 2013

March of the Monarchs -Folk Art Fusion

It's done! Another Folk Art Fusion(TM) project for my book. It was so much fun to make! I do keep saying that don't I? hee,hee,hee.

My aunt Deb and uncle Rick visited us this weekend. Deb and I had the most wonderful time stitching together. She helped me come up with the name "March of the Monarchs." I thought it worked perfectly with the continuing story in my head. See the Scarborough Hares post below.



Every Saturday, at Scarborough Castle, the Monarchs march around the gardens. It is there duty to make sure everything is in it's proper place and that the vegetables, flowers and plants are happy. They visit with each and every one.


This is a very fun piece to make. Hand stitching can be so therapeutic. I love that it is portable as well.
 
After completing it, I decided it would look perfect hanging in my bedroom. Plus, this is David's favorite one so far. What do you think?
 
Many friends are emailing me and asking when my book will be ready. I'm so happy that you are as excited about this as I am! Right now it looks like mid September. I will be taking pre-orders for it in July. Stay tuned for more details later.

Have a wonderful, fun and happy day. Hop back on Wednesday for a sneaky peek of another piece.

xx,
Michelle and the Bunnies   

24 comments:

Jeanette said...

So cute Shell. Love it & the name. Must make a note on my calender about pre-ordering the book. Hugs,xx.

Christine M said...

Your hanging is gorgeous Shell. It does look lovely hanging in your bedroom.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh so pretty and a lovely accent to your room.

Kris said...

Oh, my gosh, Shell!! This new creation is darling and it looks perfect in your bedroom!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

First of all, when you book comes out, I WANT ONE! And Michelle, this is a stunning piece and VERY UNEXPECTED in its design; I love every single block that is connected and yet detached from the others....giving the entire piece an airy and free-flowing feeling! BRILLIANT and again, each stitch is masterfully applied. Did the bunnies help? They like butterflies, don't they? Oh you should have seen Carlos this weekend in the garden, living it up in the sun.

Much love! Anita

Heather said...

I love this one!!! It looks so pretty in your bedroom, just delightful.

Sparklyjools said...

The Monarchs look stunning. I love the blue/green couched edging - I wonder what you used? Fab back story - aunt Deb came up with a great name. Can't wait to see how it all fits together.....xxx

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

I can't see all the pictures due to a weak Internet connection, but what I see in the last few posts looks wonderful!! Love your open space concept! Keep it up Girlfriend!!

Carrie P. said...

I think it is just lovely!

Melody said...

Can't wait to add your next book to my collection.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Shell this is so gorgeous! I'm with David - this could be my favorite too. :) blessings, marlene

Createology said...

I like March of the Monarchs very much. Your stitching is pure bliss. It looks lovely in that corner vignette. Your book debut is very much anticipated with excitement! Blissful Stitching Dear...

Little Miss Titch said...

Love it Shell,you make such beutiful things!xx Rachel and Speedy

Loris said...

Gorgeous and I love the story too! I'll be in line in July :-)

belarmina said...

hoooooooo!!! me gusta
saludos

Lilac Haven said...

Love it. Your bedroom looks like it belongs in a magazine.

Allie said...

Wow....just blow me away AGAIN. That is drop-dead gorgeous, Shell.

RG said...

Magazine? Somebody mention magazine? Let's see 'Shell's picture on the cover of the Rolling Stone!!!! She's famous.

kc said...

As usual, just as cute as can be! We had 3 monarch caterpillars munching away on our parsley - they start out teeny-meeny and in just a couple weeks, were almost as big as my index finger!

I love the couching around the edges, the little pearls & the color combination - so very cute! Bet your book's gonna be a bit hit!

Unknown said...

Michelle, every week brings a new and exciting surprise and I cannot see what you will come up with next. These look beautiful in your bedroom.I love all your work. You are so very talented. So glad you have the bunnies providing you with inspiration.

cottonreel said...

love the colour , love the design , adore the bunnies

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Hey--Hannah and Harrington--can you slow down that Mom of yours????
I haven't even gotten to do start one from the last book and now she is talking about the second one coming out---maybe you two need to come and help me for a change!!!!
hugs, di and miss gracie

Unknown said...

So sweet, I love the look of your bedroom too x

Wendy said...

it's just beautiful Shell!

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...