Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Mid week peek and a reminder

Hello there! Wednesday already. Good gracious is the time flying!

A few weeks ago, I showed you a sneaky peeky of this Folk Art Fusion(TM) project that will be in my new book.


I have to tell you, it is so much fun working on this piece. Every time I thought I was finished, I found something else to add.


Here's how it looks so far. Yes, so far. There is still one more element to add. I'll show you next week. It will measure 24" x 24" when it's completed.


This piece is called, "Blooming Hearts." There is hand stitching, machine quilting and embellishing. I have combined wool felt, cotton fabric and linen. I love the combinations and different textures each one gives.

All the projects in my new book, Fabled Fusions, will be art quilts. I've been a quilter since 1989, but only became intrigued with art quilts in 2006. I find them freeing and fun to make. I love that there are no real rules. There are enough rules we all have to follow every day. Making art should flow from a place inside us that doesn't have to follow rules.

Starting in September, I'll be giving workshops and lectures on my Folk Art Fusion(TM) and the projects that will be in this new book. I'm so very excited to share the adventure with you and help you bring out your inner artist. It will be a time of freedom and fun!


Until then, please do hop back and visit with us Friday. It's time once again for Mid Month Madness. Harrington and Hannah have a special FREE project to share with you and of course, we will have a giveaway.

Hugs and see you Friday!
Michelle and the Bunnies

22 comments:

Jeanette said...

Oo pretty. Love it. Hugs,xx.

Raewyn said...

Wow the embellishing is amazing!! It really is lovely :-)

Crafty Green Poet said...

that's so beautiful, lovely design and gorgeous colours

Sparklyjools said...

Gorgeous design. Folky and sophisticated at the same time -like you :) Love those little pearls.x

Juicybear said...

Just beautiful, I love the colors and the fabric.
Greetz Anneke

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning all y'all! Michelle, the detail you show at such a wonderful close-up is stunning. It has taken you YEARS I am sure, to get this GOOD! I applaud you for all of your successes and creative energy to make this art a treasure. Hugs to you and the buns! Anita

Chris said...

Blooming Hearts is gorgeous! I know that the book and your classes will be amazing :)

Shirley said...

Good Morning Shell, I know that you are going to be a wonderful teacher. I just need more time to try everything which I will have by the end of the month. I may do some part-time while somebody has surgery, but not sure other then that still looking around. I am always checking to see what you have been doing. Have a wonderful day. Hugs and Prayers from your Missouri Friend.

KaHolly said...

Just beautiful!! You amaze me.

krislovesfabric said...

Wow, this is quite beautiful. I love the layering that you have done!

WinnibriggsHouse said...

That is so beautiful. Good luck with all your future endeavours. I am sure they will be a total success you are so talented.

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

So beautiful Shell !!!!

Christina said...

So happy for you Shell. I love your beautiful creations.

Little Miss Titch said...

its looking beautiful Shell,xx Rachel

Sunnybec said...

That's beautiful, the colours are so striking against each other... love it! Hugs Linda xxx

RG said...

How pretty!

My Inner Artist is going to stay put - it is not a pretty sight.

http://www.laconnerquilts.com/the-museum/gaches-mansion/ our local quilt museum. Very classy.

Createology said...

I loved the sneak peek and now I truly love Blooming Hearts. Fabled Fusions sounds truly intriguing. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

Carrie P. said...

wowee!!! Michelle, that is a stunning design.

Jillayne said...

I absolutely love this Shell - you had best put my name on a copy of your new book please.
It seems to me that the Folk Art Fusion style you have developed has really jelled lately and is becoming more and more defined all the time. I do love it and it seems like it's almost more you than ever before. So glad you trade marked it too, after all your hard work!
Beautiful...

DebbieM said...

I love it, Shell, you are the most creative person. Wishing u good luck on the new book. Debbie

DebbieM said...

I love it, Shell, you are the most creative person. Wishing u good luck on the new book. Debbie

Alicia Key said...

LOVE Blooming Hearts!

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...