Friday, September 21, 2012

Where Imagination Runs Free- It's a Beautiful Day


"Hi there! Hannah here!"

"Today, Harrington and I thought you would like to enjoy a visit into Mama's imagination. She's been asked lots of times where she get's her ideas and inspiration for her Folk Art Fusion designs. Well, we can tell you that she get's it from us, music and stories. Her style is like a folk art fairytale."



"Mama is always listening to music in Bunnyville. She likes all kinds of music. That Pandora lady sure does have lots of tunes. In fact, the other week Mama was listening to this song by U2 called Beautiful Day. You can play it if you'd like to listen and keep reading."

"The beginning lyrics of this song say 'The heart is a bloom, shoots up through the stony ground.' This made Mama jump up and run for her pencil and paper. She said, 'I just got the bestest idea!' Then she does the happy bunny dance for a few minutes as she let's the words in the song sink in. She'll jot down little things that have meaning to her."


"Next she gathers some paper and her pencil. She looks at the words she jotted down, looks out the window and thinks about them. Then, she may draw and draw and draw for hours to get a rough sketch. She likes the words to speak to her. She draws everything by hand. Nothing is computer generated. Mama likes to connect to her art through the feel of pencil and paper. She say's that's the only way the story in her head can come to be."


"From here she spends lots of time gathering fabrics and threads that go along with the story. This usually results in a really big mess in Bunnyville."


"Next she starts to work on the piece. As she's working on it, she jots down measurements and notes that she will use when writing the pattern, or putting it in another book. If you have made one of her Folk Art Fusion projects from Briarside Lane, you know that there is lots of hand stitching. Mama really loves to hand stitch. Once the piece is finished, she will spend many hours writing out each step, redrawing the original sketch to a finished design, and photographing the piece so she can share it with you. She say's that being able teach someone how to quilt and how to create something with their own hands is truly rewarding. She say's 'there's an artist in everyone and a child that wants to come out and play. The world needs more handmade and less made in China.' She loves it when people purchase her designs and books and are excited about playing and having fun."


"During it all, Mama always comes over to snuggle with me and Harrington. We always make her laugh and inspire her with our antics. There is great love and kindness here in Bunnyville. It is the perfect place for imagination to run free."

"It's a beautiful day."
xx,
Hannah and Harrington

22 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Every day with your mama is a beautiful day, indeed. I'm really loving the piece she's working on now.
Hugs to the Bunnyville Bunns and Shell.
xoxo
Donna and Tag

Ada Plouvier-Kopitopoulou said...

I love your story. I just went to a quilting seminar in Greece and they had workshops where they were teaching all kinds of applique.

Little Miss Titch said...

I just love Bunnyville just like I love Speedom too.xx Speedy

Kris said...

I am so glad you guys inspire your Mom to have a beautiful day!!! Loved the music!! :-)) Bunny hugs for each of you!!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Oh Hannah, you've obviously being watching your Mama very carefully and taking detailed notes! Lovely blogpost thanks!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

SQUISH SQUISH!!!!! I have GOT to get my paws on a bunny soon......you two are INSPIRATIONAL, INDEED!

Michelle May.....you are so talented. Your style is top notch and so personal....I can see Hannah and Harrington all over your work...THEY JUST MAKE ME SMILE!!!!!!!!! Anita

Sparky said...

Hi H & H...I see you all have been busy with inspiring your loving keeper of bunnies...let her know..it is beautiful

Tammy said...

Oh my! I spy with my little eye some Jo Morton fabrics. Could it get any better??? You and Jo together. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Mornin' Shell... hear that song every time DDs phone rings. It's her ring tone!

Music IS wonderful... the universal language. My favorite quote by Martin Luther (as I am a "quote" person, too)...
"Beautiful music is the art of the prophets that can calm the agitations of the soul; it is one of the most magnificent and delightful presents God has given us."

Thanks for the peek into your design process.

Happy Friday! ♪♪ It's a beautiful da-ay!♫♫ (although those are the wrong notes for the song)

Lois Evensen said...

What contented assistants you have. And how sweet of them to record your artistic design process.

bunnits said...

Life is good.

Unknown said...

Harrington and Hannah, you two are my favorite part of Bunnyville. If you had not been the "carrot" of your mom's eye, I never would have known her and never would have the pleasure of seeing her work. Through her and her involvement with all the neato blog hops, I have found other blogs I enjoy visiting. It all started with YOU beautiful Bunneh Wunnehs!

Christina said...

That is one of my favorite songs dont cha know. It plays in my head everytime a bun gets adopted. Love your creations as usual and Hannah and Harrington are a couple of sweetie pies.

Natascha said...

Good inspiration! As i want to try something different art wise and I dont know where to start!

Clovie Boy said...

Sounds like "good vibrations" at Bunnyville!

Jeanette said...

Thanks for sharing Shell. I love that song. :) Love the look of the project. Love seeing those 2 beautiful fuzzies. Hugs,

Loris said...

Blog hugs to you and the bunnies :-)
I subscribe to Jenny of Elephantz magazine and can't wait to sew up your sampler. It's really lovely!

Melody said...

Hi sweet bunnies, I love your mama's project over at elefantz. She is so clever.

RG said...

Things sure do sprout and grow there, eh guys? When I use Pandora pretty soon it just plays all Bob Seeger and BL goes nuts.

Karen M said...

Those must be the most beautiful roots ever. I can't wait to see what the rest of the peice looks like. Please "boop" Hannah's nose for me. It's irrisistable!

Sparklyjools said...

This is such a great post - and lovely to have a peak into your creative process!xxx

Sherry said...

I love your creations and the stories the bunnies tell about you make me smile.

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...