Thursday, July 22, 2010

Rococo Roses No. 2 Art Quilt

This is one of my favorite stitchery patterns I designed. My Rococo Roses No. 2. I've been dying to play around with it in an art quilt. I love to mix stitcheries into art quilts.

This was stitched on linen with Valdani O178, Tea Dyed Stone (my favorite). I then created a fused and quilted collage border of these soft colors. Of course, I had to add a little bling with the glass pearls. I just can't help myself.

The stitchery pattern, the floss and this Original framed art quilt are all available in my Shop.

8 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

So dreamy, my friend. Love it!
xoxo
Donna

Barb said...

Love it!!

Brenda Pruitt said...

It's beautiful, Shell!
Brenda

Bluebird said...

i gave your blog an award, check it out at http://songs2myheart.blogspot.com

Anne Lorys said...

Just beautiful!

Thanks so much for answering all my nosy questions about how rabbits are as pets. They sound delightful! :-)

Anonymous said...

Very elegant! ~Karen

Lorraine said...

This is really lovely Michelle. Many thanks for signing up to follow my blog. I unofficially follow yours and tend to visit once very week or couple of weeks. Always enjoy your bunny posts too.... They are just too cute. I'll be back!

Mandy Saile said...

Another beautiful piece Shell. I like the frames you put your work in.

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...