Monday, July 26, 2010

Along Came a Tiger

Recently, I was the lucky winner of a beautiful tiger print from my friend Diana Moll of The Qi Papers.

Diana is an acupuncturist, herbalist, print maker and bunny lover. She has 4 house rabbits all of which have wonderful personalities and are just as cute as can be.

Diana made this print using traditional Moku Hanga tools and materials. A wood block is carved for each color, water based non-toxic inks are applied with brushes and slightly damp paper is hand pressed onto the block using a tool called a baren. Lots of time and Qi goes into each print. Moku Hanga translates to "Wood Graphic." Wood block printing has its origins in China; a wood block print on silk dating from 220 AD is the official start. Diana sells this and other beautiful prints in her Shop.http://www.etsy.com/shop/qipapers

I'm very excited that I won this beautiful piece of art. The paper feels amazing. It is handmade Japanese paper called Nishiouchi.  Hop over and visit with her and the bunnies. Tell her Shell said hi!

9 comments:

Darlene said...

Congratulations on winning a beautiful work of art! I love that tiger!

The Fab Furs said...

This makes us think of that William Blake poem that begins:

Tiger Tiger. burning bright,
In the forests of the night;
What immortal hand or eye.
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Barb said...

You are lucky, that is one beautiful piece of work.

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle!

Congratulations on the beautiful piece of art you won. Your blog is beautiful as always. I just saw you baby sleeping in his daddy's arms..lol Soo cute!
Have a great week!
xo
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Thanks for the feature, girl friend! I sold my last tiger, but re-listed because I'm printing up a few more....

Draffin Bears said...

Congratulations Michelle, for winning this lovely piece of Art.
Many thanks for following me and I am now following you.

Have a happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Shirley said...

Congrats on your pretty piece of art. I am glad that I am not the only one having a problem with blogger. I really don't understand it, but I have had the same problem. It is frustrating when you get your comment ready to post only to lose it. We have had a little heat relief not near enough. This week will be flying that is for sure. Have a great one. Your Missouri Friend.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Congratulations! I always love to look at Diana's artworks...

StitchinByTheLake said...

Wow! That's absolutely gorgeous! blessings, marlene

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...